The ACTVET iCampus brings 21st century learning to the UAE
Learning is a journey that should be challenging and fun. We want to fire your curiosity and provide you with targeted information and valuable resources to make your personal journey memorable.
This iCampus project, with its intuitive learning interface, is one of the first of its type in the Middle East and will help learners to experience the innovations in technology that are influencing leading international education providers and systems.
The following are the main features of the ACTVET iCampus environment:
- ACTVET iCampus is a digital learning environment that gives learners control over time, place, path and/or pace.
- ACTVET iCampus is implemented as a MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses) with a public catalog where learners would self-register.
- It allows learners to join a community of learners and participate as well as collaborate with fellow learners and mentors online.
- The ACTVET iCampus allows for evidence based learning and competency based training.
- The platform allows for establishing benchmarks and providing evidence based progress measuring added value
- iCampus is built on the Brightspace platform from D2L and it supports Arabic content
- The platform is responsive to different client devices like smartphones, iPads, tables, laptops, desktops, etc …
- iCampus offers the following tools plus many others:
- virtual classrooms
- collaboration & communication
- e-portfolios, online discussions, submission of assignments & quizzes, gradebooks
- learning & content management
- administration of learning
- dashboards and analytics